Read About our Grow Lights (click here)
Grow Lights LED
Technilamp offers a range of grow lights led and mini indoor led grow units. These grow lights in South Africa are ultra-efficient led lighting which perfectly complements natural sunlight indoors. These grow lights are for indoor plants that allow plants to grow faster, ensures leaves grow strong and uniform and makes flowers bright and beautiful. The ultra-efficient LED lamps are perfect for saving energy and generating almost no heat avoiding any tip burn damages on leaves.
The grow lights for indoor plants is at an optimised spectrum of a combination of red, blue and white light. The red and blue lights dominate and provide for plant growth.
Horticultural lamps convert electrical energy into light that plants use to grow. As plants no longer need natural sunlight, you can grow crops indoors in controlled conditions, meaning less need for pesticides and herbicides.
The Technilamp flourish indoor system is the perfect grow light for plants, herbs, leafy plants, salad greens, flowers, cacti and succulents. In this day in age, many high rise buildings and flats are being built and there is limited space for gardens. The Technilamp Flourish grow lights for indoor plants are the perfect way to go.
Technilamp offers a range of horticultural lamps and units for sale that can help to grow more in less space, in more controlled conditions.
See our full range of horticultural lights in our online store.
What led grow light to buy?
Green plants need light to perform photosynthesis, during which special cells convert the energy from the light into sugars. In the process, plants give off oxygen.
Technilamp’s grow lights for plants vary widely in how much light they need to thrive. Low-light houseplants, such as herbs, salad greens and flowers, will flourish under these lights. Fruiting edibles, such as tomatoes, need much brighter light which we can supply under our LED lamps section.
• Measuring of light – the term lumens describes how bright a light is to the human eye. Plants and people ‘see’ light differently. Usually, the higher the lumen rating, the brighter the light.
• Intensity – this describes the amount of light that reaches a surface at given distance from the light source. Light intensity for grow lights for indoor plants can be controlled in two ways: by the brightness of the bulb and by how close the bulb is to the plant’s leaves.
• Duration – describes the number of hours of light a plant receives in a 24-hour period. For indoors, the rule of thumb is to leave grow lights led turned on for about 16 hours per day, giving plants eight hours of rest or to sleep.
• Colour – describes the visual appearance of light. Most grow lights led provide a balance of cool (blue end of the spectrum) and warm (red end of the spectrum) light. (Although grow lights provide light in colors along the full spectrum, plants use little of the light from the green/yellow part of the spectrum).
In general, lights that tip toward the blue end are best for vegetative growth, while those that angle toward red end are good for stimulating plants to produce flowers and fruit. This why Technilamp Flourish units are the best grow lights for indoor plants in South Africa.
Seedlings in particular require lots of bright light, and when they don’t receive enough of it they get weak and leggy. In most cases, even the sunniest windowsill will not provide the intensity of light they need. A special grow light stand makes it simple to give seedlings the light they need. As your seedlings grow, you can raise the light fixture about once a week to keep the lights a few inches above the foliage.
The difference between LED, Fluorescent or Incandescent?
Incandescent grow bulbs are the least expensive technology, but are also the least efficient and have a high heat output.
Average lifespan is 700 hours.
Fluorescent grow lights have a low heat signature and produce a decent spectrum of light for growing. Tube lights or compact fluorescents in a reflector are both available. Lifespan averages 10,000 hours.
LED grow lights offer the latest technology on the market today. Extremely energy efficient, they have an ultra-low heat output and offer an ideal light spectrum range. Offering low energy usage, low heat and color optimized for growth, we think LED lights are the most efficient, effective and customer-friendly way to grow plants at home. Average LED lifespan is 50,000 hours.
Which grow light to use?
There are many uses for grow lights but here are some tips for what grow light to use for which indoor plants:
- Blue lights promotes plant growth and red lights promotes plant budding.
- Your grow lights should provide the particular spectrum of light for photosynthesis which is the key to plant growth.
- Blue light offers a light in the 400 – 520 nanometer range that encourages chlorophyll absorption, photosynthesis and growth. Red light in the 610-720 spectrum range promotes flowering and budding.
- Hanging or placing grow lights over the plant beds or pots is the best arrangement, as it represents the natural sunlight from overhead and exposes all sides and leaves of a plant to the artificial light.
- As a guide, incandescent grow light for plants should be at least 24 inches over your plants. Fluorescents and LEDs have a lower heat mark, so they can be placed 12 and 6 inches over plants respectively.
- Keep adjusting the placement of the grow light uv as your plants develop and mature to maintain the proper distance. Consult your particular model and type of design for exact specifics and directions.
- And remember that the lighting level required for growth indoors depends upon the characteristics of the particular plant being grown. Depending on what you want to grow, you may need different lights set a different heights for specific plant area.
Showing all 5 results
Flourish Indoor Garden Unit LED 15W – Stackable SerenityR3,000.00 excl. VAT R3,450.00
Flourish Indoor Garden Unit LED 15W – Stackable Serenity
The Technilamp Flourish indoor system is perfect for growing herbs, flowers, Leafy plants, Salad greens, succulents and cacti.
*Please note that this image is 2 units stacked. Product price is per individual unit.R3,000.00 excl. VAT R3,450.00
Flourish Indoor Garden Unit 14W 4-14R520.87 excl. VAT R599.00
Flourish Indoor Garden Unit 14W 4-14
The Technilamp Flourish indoor system is perfect for growing herbs, flowers, Leafy plants, Salad greens, succulents and cacti.R520.87 excl. VAT R599.00
Flourish Indoor Garden Unit 14W 3-14R500.00 excl. VAT R575.00
Flourish Indoor Garden Unit 14W 3-14
The Technilamp Flourish indoor system is perfect for growing herbs, flowers, Leafy plants, Salad greens, succulents and cacti.R500.00 excl. VAT R575.00
Flourish Indoor Garden Unit 14W 2-14R500.00 excl. VAT R575.00
Flourish Indoor Garden Unit 14W 2-14
*Only available at Woolworths.R500.00 excl. VAT R575.00
Flourish Indoor Garden Unit 14W 1-14R500.00 excl. VAT R575.00
Flourish Indoor Garden Unit 14W 1-14
*Only available at Builders Warehouse.R500.00 excl. VAT R575.00